Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Show You Are Not Watching....

One of my all time favorite shows has to be ABC’s Brothers and Sisters. I have been watching the drama since its second season and once I saw it, I immediately fell in love. I just love tuning into watching the family dynamics that are so realistically portrayed and entertaining, all at the same time. The worst being is that somehow, I feel not nearly enough people are watching it.
WATCH THE CAST TALK ABOUT THEIR SHOW

It surprises me when I talk about this show and many people admit they have never seen it, or ever worse never even heard of it. The show is in its fifth season! How can you not have heard of it??
The problem in which I think is at the forefront is the way in which the show is marketed and to whom it is marketed to. The show is seen as an “adult” show, which obviously will push younger viewers away.
But what happens is that many miss out on just good television. TV now is filled with so much fluff that you can let really good shows just fall through the crack. The show is not filled with intense medical emergency scenes, or detectives chasing a bad guy, but it simply is about a family living their lives every day and doing what families do best, being there for each other for everything life may hit you with.  
THE FAMILY DYNAMIC IN ONE OF THE SHOW'S BEST STORYLINE


The characters, you can find something to relate to for at least each of them. Even more intriguing, is that all of the characters are flawed, as are people. None of them are “bad”, however none of them are “good” either. That’s what makes the show amazing to me and fun to watch, is that there is no one person to root for, but instead you are rooting for the entire family to just make it through, especially through a weekly Walker dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment